Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Return of Turkey Tales

Hos Geldiniz! That means "Welcome!" I really mean "Welcome Back," but I don't know how exactly to say that. It's been awhile, but I'm back and armed with stories. Never a dull moment in Turkey-that's for sure!!
I'm currently sitting here in our living room at the computer, as Tim hovers over me and makes sure I finish my Theraflu drink. I do not recommend it! I'm notorious for not finishing drinks I like, so finishing this is torture. We've had a nice lazy afternoon of napping and watching Iron Chef. A perfect Sunday.:) Ok, well I napped and Tim worked on school stuff, if I'm going to be honest.
Tim's been sick for the last couple days (Ankara has really been hit hard this winter) and I'm trying to prevent myself from getting it. I haven't gotten sick since coming to Turkey. It's amazing how healthy you can be when you're not teaching children!
Boys Soccer starts tomorrow, so Tim is trying to eat bananas and drink oj and theraflu so he will be up to running with them. I think he's just a little bit excited. Yesterday he spent all afternoon planning the next 3 weeks of practice! He has a bunch of new training equipment, new soccer gear, and new ideas of how to coach them. It sounds like they'll have a really great team and could do really well in the DODDS championship. With so many international kids on his team, they could have an advantage over primarily American teams. I have a team jacket, which I will wear with pride to support the team, even though I know little about soccer (except what I learned in 7th gr. PE).
Ok, I'm going to choke down the rest of my nasty Theraflu and go on to the next blog entry. Hope you enjoy reading them!

No comments:

Post a Comment