Thursday, February 26, 2009

Well, folks, it's been awhile!!! Many of you have asked, "Where are you? Why are there no new blogs? What are you doing?" Let me tell, you, it's not for lack of stories. I have stories galore!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not had time to write of late because of these intense Turkish classes I've been taking and other new responsibilities that I suddenly have. I've also wanted to do these very crazy and funny stories justice by having enough time to write them properly:) Tonight, I don't have that time. I promise I will write extensively this weekend!! But, just to tide you over til' then, here are some highlights to whet your whistle:)

-My first day of Turkish class was a disaster. Here are the thoughts that went through my head, but I did not say out aloud (probably smart)..."If we were in America, I could sue the pants off of you for this." "What the heck??? Who in their right mind would put that there??" "For crying out loud, I don't speak Turkish!!!! That's why I'm here!!!" "Where I come from we form lines." "I DON'T SPEAK TURKISH!!!" "Oh, shoot do I have holes in the knees of my tights?" "I am in level 1 Turkish. I can't even count to 3! I DON'T SPEAK TURKISH!!!" "Why on earth do you need my mother's maiden name?" "You might want to update your website since almost every piece of information on it is WRONG!!" "I DON'T SPEAK TURKISH!!!!"

-Our romantic Valentine's dinner consisted of a bowl of a salty Turkish yogurt drink called ayran and some raw meatballs (I was bamboozled! My husband neglected to tell me they weren't made of red coucous when I took a huge bite. It's only now funny.) Ok, we had some other food besides that, but those were the most memorable.

-On the way to pick up some pictures we were having pictures framed, I looked out the car window, only to see several gentlemen butchering a sheep. Tim about ran off the road when I screamed.

-I really like the students in my Turkish class! They are from all over-Palestine, Iran, Syria, Poland, Czech Republic, Korea, Germany, Morroco, and the Phillipines. Everybody brings something very unique to the class. The funny thing is that even with such an international mix, there are still the "nerdy kids," the cool kids (me)...just kidding, the over achievers, the goof offs, etc. One thing unites us all...everyone loves an Oreo:) I took some to share during our break and came back with an empty ziplock bag.

-Alright, I have to go work on to, from, and on/in/at in the present tense. Gotta love homework. There is also a piece of peanutbutter chocolate pie that is calling my name:)

More to come very soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment