Friday, February 6, 2009

Party of One

The blueberry muffins have been baked and eaten, the dishes cleaned up, the bags packed and the taxi pick-up complete. And so it's just me and the snickerdoodles for the weekend (just kidding). Tim is gone until Sunday to a wrestling tournament, accompanying one of the students, not competing himself:) However, last week Tim did decide to give the kid a little more practice and take him on in the ring. So, he donned a glittery costume and marched into the auditorium of screaming fans, ready to dropkick the Hulk. Oh wait, wrong kind of wrestling.
Back to high school wrestling... the rest of the kids were out sick or hurt and I guess they needed a stand-in. Tim came home with a very purple, swollen ring finger and messed-up thumb. I think it will be ok, but it did cause a lot of pain for a few days. The positive side to the injury was that it inspired my dad to write the following email:

Kate, Mom told me of Tim's prowess on the mats. We suggest that he might use the professional name, Pummeling Popeye, due to his love of chicken. Unfortunately, that meal is not part of the training table for a wrestler. I am also looking into contacting SKY LO LO AND THE JAMAiCAN KID, two midget wrestlers, who were both personal favorites of Pawpaw's to schedule a match with Tim in July when you come back. We often sat around the TV and watched professional wrestling with pawpaw. My money will be on Tim for this event as these men are now in their 70's

So, dear ole' Kate is sitting here writing you about WWF while her husband is away. I do have other things planned and very important things planned, thank you very much. I'm just enjoying procrastinating by writing you wrestling stories and finding out who the heck this lady is that gave birth to 8 babies! After that, I plan to do a little planning for the piano lessons I'm starting to teach next week and our first elementary chorus rehearsal on Tuesday. Tomorrow I get the privilege of accompanying for auditions for the local theatre company. My philosophy? If they belt out "The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow" from Annie or simulate Britney Spears or Hannah Montana in any way, they get the ax. They'll be a tree in the back.
Well, I'm off to find some singing warm-ups for Tuesday and see if my very own wrestler made it to Germany ok:)

No comments:

Post a Comment